Saturday, May 12, 2012

Conversation Changer #22 : AP Tests

This post is to see whether people even read this blog anymore. Jarrah votes no. Fred votes... Fred doesn't even read this blog anymore. Jarrah is just super bored now that the AP test is over. 
 
Prepare: Take an AP test. Or don't. You can always pretend you took one. Just make sure to do all the proper research beforehand.

What to do: When the conversation is going awry (yes, Jarrah did learn a new word), simply talk about your fear of the upcoming test or your feeling about the test you just took. Works best with someone who has never taken an AP test before.

Example:
Alberto: Hey, Jarrah? How are you? I haven't seen you in forever. Have you solved your procrastination problem yet?
Jarrah: Problem? What problem? And you saw me yesterday!
Alberto: You don't have to hide it. I know you have problems with procrastination. It's okay. If we just talk about it, we can solve it. That's all there is to it.
Jarrah: I really don't want to talk about...
Alberto: Are you procrastinating talking about your procrastinating problem?
Jarrah: Actually,  you know question 37 on my AP Flower Watering test was really easy! I can't believe they asked that. It was the third paragraph on page 177 in our book. But really, I'm just so glad to get it over with. It's like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulder. You know? This feeling... I don't know how to describe it. I feel so free! And...
Alberto: Um. I think I have to go clean my yard now. Maybe we can talk later. Like in 3 months. When you've forgotten all about your AP test.

Conclusion: Well, maybe the result wasn't supposed to be to scare off your friend but you can always ask them to stay.

Warning: Do not bring the topic of AP tests up with other AP testers. You might end up being stuck in an hour long conversation about a test you'd rather forget. (Note: This has never ever happened to Jarrah. Or Fred. Or both at the same time.)

2 comments:

  1. MORE!!!!!!!!!! ��������



    pwease ��

    ��������

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Fred and Jarrah,
    I have been patiently waiting for 4 years now for the completion of these 101 conversation changers. The first 22 have served me well, but my friends are starting to see through them. I have to be honest and say that I am extremely disappointed that the two of you are not living up to your promises. There are certain responsibilities and obligations that you have as the creators of this site, and you owe it to your loyal followers, such as yours truly, to follow through.
    Now I feel like I have been patient enough, and I feel like 4 years is just ridiculous to have to wait for you to release more content. I request, nay, I demand more.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete