Monday, June 6, 2011

Conversation Changer #19: Moving

Prepare: Come up with a realistic place you could move to (unless your friend is not very bright, then any place will work). You could also actually be moving or use this when you are moving but that is definitely not a requirement. 

What to do: When you need to change the conversation, simply tell your friend you're moving.

Example: 
Alberto: Will you please tell me?
Kris: No.
Alberto: Pretty please! 
Kris: No and that's final.
Alberto: COME ON!!
Kris: NO!
Alberto: I know that you like Maria!! Come on, admit it!!
Kris: I'm moving.
Alberto: What?
Kris: To Ohio.
Alberto: NOOOOOO!! I'LL MISS YOU SOOO MUCH!!!
Kris: Just kidding.
Alberto: (sigh of relief)
Kris: I'm actually moving to China.
Conclusion: Once your friend is hit with the realization that you are "moving", they will start talking about how much they'll miss you and how nice and sweet you are.
Warning: Have a believable excuse for why you're actually not moving later when you don't end up moving. Try to sound realistic and don't use this often.

4 comments:

  1. Good memories!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I have totally used this before & it totally worked!!! I totally tricks my friends and they believed for the rest of the school year that I was moving that summer! When I told them I wasn't moving thy didn't believe me & thought I was olaying a cruel joke on them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this to my friend once! He totally didn't even care that I was moving though. He's just like, okay, whatever. Didn't even say bye. It hurt. I suggest only using this on people who actually care about you. Or you'll just end up feeling bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will we ever find out whether Kris likes Maria???? PLEASE I NEED TO KNOW

    ReplyDelete